As we all know the main purpose of packaging is to protect the product from damage. It not only keeps the product safe during transit, from the manufacturer to the retailer, it also prevents damage while the product is on the retail shelf.
Here are some important aspects to consider in order to keep your product safe and have the perfect packaging:
- Identify what could potentially damage your product – odor, contamination, shock, vibration, static or compression.
- Determine if your product is temperature sensitive.
- Moisture – assess the importance of moisture and absorbency.
- Identify barrier requirements to keep the product stable and extend shelf life.
- Determine protection required during handling, shipping, storage, and distribution.